Control Amazon Echo using your Phone
So you’ve just figured out that you can control your Amazon Echo device using your smartphone? Well, that is true and for that, you don’t need to go through any technical things. All you need to do is install the official Amazon Alexa app and you are good to go. We strongly recommend you avoid any third-party resources to download the app especially if you don’t want any problem in the future. You can download the app from the Amazon App Store or Google Play Store or if you own an Apple device then you can get your app from App Store.
Now after downloading the app you can simply explore the features that you would love to try. As soon as you log in to your account it will show you all connected devices. Well, that is quite normal and anyone can simply play with options.
So what is special? Well, if you are still reading this then you are definitely waiting for something different. In this, you will be glad to know that you will not return disappointed from here. Let us introduce you to voice search. If you already heard about it then you still want to know more especially when you just know that you can control some features using voice commands.
Keep in mind that the Alexa app comes with some special skills that take this feature to the next level. Here are some example commands that you would love to try just like right now.
- “Alexa, show me my timers” – See your timers
- “Alexa, show me travel videos on YouTube” – Play YouTube videos
- “Alexa, show me the weekend forecast” – View the forecast
- “Alexa, show me a slow cooker recipe from Allrecipes” – Display recipes
- “Alexa, show me movie showtimes” – Movie showtimes
- “Alexa, what can you show me?” – Ask for what the Echo Show can display
- “Alexa, play my video Flash Briefing” – View your Flash Briefing
- “Alexa, open Uber”- Open a visual skill
- Alexa, show my photos” or, “Alexa, show me pictures of cats” – Show pictures
- “Alexa, show the living room camera” – View your cameras or other rooms
- “Alexa, show my calendar” – Show your calendar
- “Alexa, show me the trailer for ‘It'” – View movie trailers
Hold on there are more. We are giving the list as an example that you can try. There are more endless commands that you can try. Now just in case you are facing any problem like your Alexa web app is not working, your device is not responding to voice commands, etc. then you can call at toll-free number +1-877-937-8077 and get expert help. It is a toll-free number of Alexa Echo Help, dedicated support from Alexa devices. Feel free to call them to get an instant solution.